Sunday, January 8, 2012

night on the town

So last night I got my first taste of my new life here in Milan. My boyfriend Tim is on the volunteer firefighting department and they had their annual dinner/banquet festivities! I was a little nervous at first because I didn't know what to wear or what to expect. All I heard was that it started at 7 and went until you decided to go home. You ate dinner hung out for awhile then they brought out enough booze for a small army and a huge ham and about 15 decks of cards. The idea was to just hang out, eat ham, and play cards. OK well I don't come from a  "card playing" family nor do I know any card game besides 31. So what did we play, 31. Overall it was a good time and I met some more people which is always good! In case you are wondering every other Saturday night has been spent cleaning the house, watching TV, and in bed by ten, we made it to one last night. Party animals!!

2 comments: