Sunday, January 22, 2012

betty crocker, watch out!

Yesterday Tim’s mom, sister, and I all took part in a bread making class! Milan might be small but sometimes they have a lot to offer. Although I thought the class was two weeks ago, funny story, we made it and learned a lot. It was held at the church and there were about eleven of us and then the instructor. I had my cupcake apron on and was ready to learn! I was a little nervous at first because making bread to me seemed super hard. The class was four hours so I figured we would be kneading dough the whole time. Turns out it was the complete opposite! Making the bread literally only took a few minutes and then we had to let it sit for two hours. After that she had some already made dough for us to try and bake. She had all sorts of other ingredients for us to try such as, tomatoes, peppers, cheese, garlic, herbs, olives, and sausage. I chose to use just garlic and cheese, considering I’m not much a risk taker and that I would actually use this recipe. It was super easy because all you did was bake the garlic for about ten minutes which made it soft. Then you spread it onto the dough or mixed it in and created your loaf. I then just threw some cheese on top and baked it for about 30 minutes! Super easy, right? Well to start with we made enough dough for four loafs but only used one; so, we got to take some home! When I got home I was feeling very confident and decided to try and make some cinnamon rolls out of the rest of my dough. I was a little nervous at first but decided what the heck, can’t be that hard, right? Well, it wasn’t! Here are some pictures and what you need to make this happen! RECIPE:
dough-

6 1/2 cups flour
3 cups water
1 1/2 tablespoon yeast
1 tablespoon sea salt

mix them all together, if your dough is a little hard just add some more water! Cover with a wet towel or anything else but make sure you leave some room for air, let sit for two hours and ta da!

mine kind of over flowed...haha make sure you have a big bowl!

Now for the good stuff. This didnt come with a recipe so I just winged it! And kind of came up with one along the way!


1. Sprinkle your dough with flour along with your surface and hands to make sure it doesnt stick to EVERYTHING!
2. Use a rolling pin to roll it out, make sure you have a square so it is easier to cut
3. Melt one stick of butter and spread it all over the dough
4. Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar onto the dough, I didnt measure this so its up to you how much you want!!


took the picture a little late but you get the idea.

5. use a scissors or a pizza cutter and cut about one inch line, and roll them like a cinnamon roll
6. in your greased pan! place your cinni's

7. pre heat your oven to 450 degrees and cook for about 15 minutes or as your oven desires!
8. frost and ENJOY!!

Notes: I sprinkled some extra cinnamon and sugar on top before I cooked them, up to you!

2 comments:

  1. Look at you making bread! That's seriously impressive. Well done, Nelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really good.

    ReplyDelete