Saturday, January 21, 2012

Dontcha Know

In case you are living under a rock or I just haven’t told you, I am taking all online classes. This means that I do not go to class, and it is my responsibility to get all my work done on time without someone standing over me telling me to do it. Sounds way better, right? Well, so far it has been pretty easy I do a little each day and have even tried to designate a day for each class. Well I feel like I am a stay at home mom with two boys ages two and four. All they want to do is run and play and yell and eat and go outside and then play some more and then sleep on me. Wait, I am describing my dogs, same thing. So, as you can see for me to get anything done at home is impossible. Especially considering we are getting a new TV provider and I will have all the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills I can handle at my fingertips :) Moving on, yesterday I decided to go to the Milan Public Library. I was a little nervous considering I just always feel a sense of awkwardness whenever I do anything in Milan without Tim. The library is only open from 2-6 Tuesday to Friday and for like two hours on Saturday’s. I showed up at 2:30 and there was a sign on the door saying that he will be back at 2:45. You have got to be kidding me, right? So I sat in my car for 15 minutes waiting for him to come back and he did. I walked in went straight to the back and sat at this little table and took all my stuff out to work on things. If any of you know me at all you will know that people chewing with their mouth open, chomping on food, or sucking on anything like hard candy will drive me up the wall. This man working at the library was practically doing all three of those.

I later found out that not only was the chewing a little much, but, that it was also the towns central meeting for town gossip and such. First a lady, then a man, then another man, came walking into the library all to hear what was going on. You have to understand that this library is about the size of a high school classroom. Oh, and mom, there were two little micros in there on their Facebook, new friend request maybe? Anyways I continued to sit there for the next two hours listening to what was new in town and whose grandkids were coming when. As I left the man wished me a good weekend and to stay warm! I plan to go back next week just so I can keep up with everyone else!

1 comment: